Cased pair of early 19th Century Officer's Percussion Pistols
YAA 732 (with Dealer)
This product is available.
A fine cased pair of early 19th Century (1811) Officer's 20 bore Pistols, originally Flintlock, converted to Percussion Cap in 1831. Made by Harvey Walklake Mortimer of 89, Fleet Street, London.
Each with 20cm browned steel barrel, signed within a tear drop panel to the top flatland with London proof marks, with signed lock plates, walnut full stocks with brass escutcheons engraved 'FM 1831', brass ramrod pipes, trigger guards and side plates, with bag butt and horn tipped wood ramrods, in original fitted oak case, the green baize lined interior fitted with accessories comprising copper pistol powder flask of canted rectangular form, steel bullet mould, ebony and brass cleaning rod, lead balls, Ely tin of percussion caps and a typed note regarding the provenance.
"Purchased by the Honourable Francis Mulliner, the carriage builder of Northampton, in June 1811, they were converted to percussion in 1831as described on the escutcheons"