WW2 era George VI Efficiency medal. The Efficiency medal was established in 1930 and was awarded right up to 1999. It replaced a range of long service medals including the Territorial efficiency medal, the Volunteer long service and good conduct medal, and the Colonial auxiliary forces long service medal. The Efficiency medal has now been superceded by the Volunteer reserves service medal. The Efficiency medal was awarded for twelve years service in the Territorial army, with additional bars granted for each additional twelve years. War service and West African peacetime service counts double.
The Efficiency medal was engraved/stamped with the recipient's service number, rank, name and regiment round the edge.
This medal is correctly named to "6196646 Gnr J. G. Oatway R.A" - a gunner in the Royal Artillery.
The medal is full size, and measure approximately 3 cm (1.25") by 6 cm (2.25") ... including the "Territorial" scroll and suspension bar.